Wednesday, November 29, 2006


Freezing here today!! 2" of ice the last three nights, and snow yesterday, but just enough to dust the ground. No school for the kids yesterday.

Here's a picture of the road to our house in the spring- this was a particularly beautiful spring with just loads of wildflowers.



Here's a fun questionaire I found on the illustrious Quilldancer's site. She graciously sent it to me to use.

I like it because it is different from all those other "get to know you" lists. This one actually is fun!

The ones I have done are in bold, with comments of course because I have a twisted sense of humor :))

Let me know which you have done!

Slainte~
Rachelle



01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink (yup... many times)

02. Swam with wild dolphins (in Hawaii)

03. Climbed a mountain (define 'mountain')

04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive

05. Been inside the Great Pyramid

06. Held a tarantula (are you crazy??)

07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone

08. Said "I love you" and meant it

09. Hugged a tree (a lovely sweet smelling Jeffrey Pine)

10. Bungee jumped (yea.... right....)

11. Visited Paris

12. Watched a lightning storm at sea

13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise

14. Seen the Northern Lights

15. Gone to a huge sports game (Go Dodgers!!!)

16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa

17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (every year)

18. Touched an iceberg

19. Slept under the stars

20. Changed a baby's diaper (too many times to count)

21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon (again I ask,,, are you serious?? Queen of Acrophobia here))

22. Watched a meteor shower (each August we watch the Leonid)

23. Gotten drunk on champagne (is this a trick question?)

24. Given more than you can afford to charity

25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope

26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment (once while giving a business presentation..... yup)

27. Had a food fight (my aunt was finding tomato seeds for weeks)

28. Bet on a winning horse

29. Asked out a stranger

30. Had a snowball fight (yes, but who won, that is the real question)

31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can (um.,... I still do that on occasion)

32. Held a lamb (how about a baby alpaca??)

33. Seen a total eclipse

34. Ridden a roller coaster

35. Hit a home run

36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking

37. Adopted an accent for an entire day (I tried that once and almost got arrested)

38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment

39. Had two hard drives for your computer

40. Visited all 50 states

41. Taken care of someone who was drunk

42. Had amazing friends

43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country

44. Watched wild whales

45. Stolen a sign

46. Backpacked in Europe

47. Taken a road-trip (our family's favorite thing)

48. Gone rock climbing

49. Midnight walk on the beach (this time I actually did get arrested...)

50. Gone sky diving

51. Visited Ireland (oh, how I WISH!)

52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love (coming soon to my blog)

53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them

54. Visited Japan

55. Milked a cow

56. Alphabetized your CDs (I can't even keep them in their cases.....)

57. Pretended to be a superhero (what, I'm the only one??)

58. Sung karaoke (um, I think this goes along with the champagne question....)

59. Lounged around in bed all day

60. Played touch football

61. Gone scuba diving (Can't scuba, ears won't let me. Does snorkeling count?)

62. Kissed in the rain

63. Played in the mud (every winter I slip and fall in the mud, then the kids ask me if I've been playing in the mud again when I come in the house....)

64. Played in the rain

65. Gone to a drive-in theater ( I can still remember going to see Pinnochio and having it be sold out as a kid. I miss the drive in- remember your station wagon??)

66. Visited the Great Wall of China

67. Started a business

68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken

69. Toured ancient sites (some day I'm going to Macchu Picchu)

70. Taken a martial arts class ( I do Tai Chi, at home where no one can laugh at me)

71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight (how about Final Fantasy??:))

72. Gotten married (twice)

73. Been in a movie

74. Crashed a party

75. Gotten divorced

76. Gone without food for 5 days (people do this??)

77. Made cookies from scratch

78. Won first prize in a costume contest

79. Ridden a gondola in Venice

80. Gotten a tattoo

81. Rafted the Snake River (um... does an innertube count?)

82. Been on television news programs as an "expert"

83. Got flowers for no reason (note to hubby.... notice this one isn't bold?!!)

84. Performed on stage

85. Been to Las Vegas

86. Recorded music ( my kid's cd is almost done though!)

87. Eaten shark

88. Kissed on the first date (sheepish grin)

89. Gone to Thailand

90. Bought a house

91. Been in a combat zone

92. Buried one/both of your parents

93. Been on a cruise ship

94. Spoken more than one language fluently

95. Performed in Rocky Horror

96. Raised children (currently in the process... let you know how I do later)

97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour

99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country

100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over

101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge

102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking

103. Had plastic surgery

104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived

105. Wrote articles for a large publication

106. Lost over 100 pounds (only 70)

107. Held someone while they were having a flashback

108. Piloted an airplane

109. Touched a stingray

110. Broken someone's heart (oh yes, I was quite the heartbreaker in my younger days *eyelashes fluttering*)

111. Helped an animal give birth (lots of times)

112. Won money on a T.V. game show

113. Broken a bone

114. Gone on an African photo safari

115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears (yuck!)

116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol (all three)

117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild (that's a good way to end up saying yes to #119 IMHO)

118. Ridden a horse (owned a horse)

119. Had major surgery (4 times)

120. Had a snake as a pet (Smaug, how I miss him!)

121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon

122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours

123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states

124. Visited all 7 continents

125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days

126. Eaten kangaroo meat

127. Eaten sushi (as often as I can... yum!!)

128. Had your picture in the newspaper (first time when I was a little girl for the P.O.W. bracelets my mom sold, and since then many times with my pacas)

129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about

130. Gone back to school (to study music, my passion)

131. Parasailed

132. Touched a cockroach (eww... not intentionally I assure you)

133. Eaten fried green tomatoes

134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey

135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read

136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

137. Skipped all your school reunions (oh yea)

138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language

139. Been elected to public office

140. Written your own computer language

141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream (of course, I always imagined my self filthy rich at that point, but hay, can't have everything!)

142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care

143. Built your own PC from parts (I have enough trouble just figuring out my PC)

144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you

145. Had a booth at a street fair

146. Dyed your hair (on a regular basis honey)

147. Been a DJ

148. Shaved your head

149. Caused a car accident

150. Saved someone's life (twice, both children, both drowning. Then someone else had to save my son when it happened to him)



I hope you enjoyed this, I sure did!

If anything catches your eye for a future topic, let me know!

Slainte~
Rachelle

4 comments:

Gattina said...

Are you sure you live in California ? I thought it would be only hot there lol ! That's usually what people think. Thanks for your comment on my catastrophes ! But poor Lisa (16) doesn't suffer from jalousie, but has hormonal problems. And I were to lazy to go to the vet to get her pills. You see, laziness can be very expensive ! and a pipi too

Gattina said...

Hi Rachelle, it's me again ! I just discovered your comment on Cats on Tuesday (I am a little upside down with my computer getting back all what I need) Of course you don't need a Mr. Linky for joining ! I think I have to make this clear. It was only a suggestion, in fact it helps me to see who wrote something. Anyway you can do whatever you want, the only obligation is to put the little cat picture over your text, so that people see that you participate. If you put it also in your sidebar it's nice, but not an obligation.

Anonymous said...

Right here we go, all 150 answers.
1.Oh yeah, as its my bar everyone expects it now and again.
2.Here in spain
3.Everyday going to the shops
4.Not a Ferrari, but I did own a TomCat, and took a test ride in an AC Cobra.
5.Not yet
6.They have big spiders here
7.Been swimming at 2am
8.Oh yeah
9.I have so many trees, I can't hug just one, it would make the others jealous
10.Never bungeed but I have parasended
11 Gone round it. (Horrible place)
12.Yep so electric
13.Too many times
14.Yeah when I was back in England
15.I hate sports.
16.Love to but my hips.........
17.Oh yes delicious
18.Too cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
19.These were my camp days/nights
20.Several times
21.I have enough of my own hot air,
don't need any more
22.No.wouldn't you need a toughened umbrella?
23.Suffering from amnesia
24.Oh yes.Problem is those little slits on the top of the boxes won't let it back out!!
25.Many a night
26.Oh yes, in church. at an accident.........
27.I just like my food too much to throw it around
28.Are there any?
29.Yep ended up marrying him
30.Of course
31.Oh yes
32.Only in lamb stew
33.Yes, when I was a child we all had to stand in the playground with these square blacked out pieces of glass to watch it.
34.Yes, I remember it well
35.Only in rounders (no baseball in England)
36.Every night of the week
37.People find it hard enough to understand me as I am
38 Yes
39.No - 1 is bad enough
40.Only on the internet, does that count?
41. You are serious?
42.All of my friends are amazing
43.Here in spain, thats what I do
44.Not yet
45.Shhhhhhhhh
46.Not backpacked. Does a camper count?
47.Yes
48.Like I said before, going shopping
49.More like 2 or 3 or 4 in the morning when we close the bar.
50.Never - thank you
51.Lived in Killarney for a year beautiful place
52.No
53.Well my husband is pretty strange - does that count
54.Not yet
55.Yuck
56.Do me a favour!
57.Don't need to pretend - I am a woman
58.Yes, I had all my sisters with me
59.How can anyone do that
60.What!
61.I swim better under than on top
62.Mmmmmmm
63.When I was little, but not lately
64.Of course, doesn't everyone
65.They don't have them here, but when I visited my sister, I went to a drive through bank
66.They have great walls here in spain
67.Yep
68.Yep
69.I do that every morning in the shower
70.Tai Chi and Karate
71.Whats D & D?
72.Twice (so far)
73.Not a movie as such but I have been on the television in a program
74.When young
75.Oh yeah - hell on wheels
76.I'd die!
77.Oh yes, cooks perks and all, so not many left at the end
78.Yes when I was very little
79.Not in Venice, but they have something similar in Malta
80.Which one do you want to see
81.Too many snakes
82.No thanks
83.Yes
84.Yes when I was a cub scout leader
85.Not yet.
86.They pay me to stay away
87.Yuck
88.Oh yes, yes, yes
89.No thanks
90.A couple
91.Yes
92.Not personally, got the undertaker to do that
93.Yes
94.Well I speak a little spanish, a poco mas cada dia.
95.No, but I wish
96.5, you'd best ask them how I was
97.Too many, too many
98.What happened to 98?
99.Where do you get exotic bicycles from?
100.Will another country do?
101.Not yet (Where is it?)
102.Only when I'm on my own
103.They would need an awful lot of plastic on me
104.Well I cam off my motorbike, but I try not to do that very often. It hurts.
105.Only my blog
106.I wish
107.No?
108.On a merry go round
109.Nope
110.Yes my first husband
111.Nope
112.Nope
113.Only a finger
114.Nope not yet
115.Got a nose stud, might get my lip done next
116.Not fired, but had a loaded one pointed at me once
117.La la la la la
118.Owned one, broke one in, and rode him
119.Not yet
120.No thank you
121.ditto
122.Don't think so
123.Not yet, but I am on the way
124.Not yet, but I am on the way
125.No, very interesting, but where do you sleep?
126.Don't think so
127.Yuck
128.Yes many times
129.I'm trying
130.No thanks
131.Yes see Q.10
132.Only a dead one
133.No I haven't, but I wouldn't mind trying
134.No they sound a bit 'old and dry'
135.No
136.No couldn't do it. Unless my family were starving
137.We don't have them
138.All the time
139.Yes I was a councillor in England
140.No
141.Yes and I quite agree with you
142.Yes my mother
143.Not built one, but I 'tinker'
144.Yep
145.Yep
146.As I have grey hair, I quite often go a different colour
147.No
148. Not shaved, but it was very short
149.I hope not
150.Yes a stranger in a swimming pool
Thank you for the questionaire, I have enjoyed myself...cozmic

Anonymous said...

Hay Rachelle, forgot to tell you, if you like doing quizzes, go to www.blogthings.com you can find out some really silly things about yourself. You can even put them on your blog for others to do.
I did the what kind of rocker are you I am stuck in the 70s but we did show everyone else how to rock.
cozmic