Friday, July 20, 2007

Let me esplain............

No... there is too much, let me sum up.
Okay, you may have been wondering, as Shrink was, if the lovely horde of teenaged girls kidnapped me from camp, and I was never to be seen again. Far from it actually!
I was indeed at a remote camp in the beautiful pines.......... where the wind sighing through the towering redwoods sounded like a sweet melody.......

Oh yea, did I mention I was crammed into a tiny cabin with 13 teenaged girls, all aged 13-14 years old? With 5 'youth leaders' assigned to our cabin as well???? Seriously, those bunk beds were reminiscent of 1800's soldier's barracks......
Yup.... I lived through it, I have the tee-shirt to prove it!!

It is simply amazing to me that on Monday I was terrified that the girls would all hate me, and by Friday we all loved each other so very much, and I miss them terribly!
They were wonderful, and I had a different name every day. Sister White on Tuesday, then it was Sky Blue, then Lime Green, then Rainbow, and Pink! It was so much fun. Even if I was really in such terrible pain, I wouldn't have traded that week for anything in the world.

Here are all my girls practicing our hula to "Brown Haired Girl" The theme of camp this year was "The Spirit of Aloha" and it was all about love, service and compassion.
If you look closely you will see me, way in the back. That would be for two reasons, one, I suck at the hula..... seriously, I can get the lovely hula hands to work beautifully. I can also make my hips and feet move smoothly...... just not all at the same time.

The other reason? I hurt my back so seriously just before camp. Sleeping on an air mattress for a whole week, hiking and climbing, hula-ing and just standing were torture. So, I was not exactly moving, er, well at all. I went to the doctor and she gave me big horse pills to take. Seems I have a huge muscle spasm all down the left side of my back. The radiologist summed it up nicely when she told me I was, well.... crooked. Ouch!!

When I came home I was so happy to sleep in my bed!! And, if you remember I was expecting a new paca cria while I was gone. I was sure she would deliver without me! But, she waited until yesterday morning at 4:00 am. And this is what we got.
A beautiful little girl! So, as you can see, I have been pretty busy since last I visited with you. I promise to write more soon, and I will get some more pictures of the lovely woods ready when next we meet.

Thanks Cameron for posting for me while Iw as gone! *waving at my son*

Till then my friends!

Slainte~
Rachelle

18 comments:

Mrs Mac said...

Ohhhhh WOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! She is so cute! What a beautiful photo- a content little smiole there, not a care in the world.
Congratulations! Will you be naming her?
THank you for sharing her. You've put a huge smile on my face!

(BTW I'm rubbish at the hula too)

:^)

Mrs Mac said...

SMILE not smiole! LOL!
Hope you don't mind- put a link to her on my site ;^)

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Oh, that's wonderful - she even waited til you got back before putting in her appearance, it's as if she must have known!

Oooh, back-pain, bad shit. I had something similair early this year, I couldn't put one foot in front of the other without wanting to bite on a leather strap. Muscle spasm doesn't sound nearly as painful than it actually is. Hope it leaves you soon hon, take the tablets (and I know you won't, but I'd also advise you to wash them down with a large bucket of wine..).

Rachelle said...

Hi Helena!
Actually, she doesn't have a name, and I am thinking about that....
hmmm..... more to come *secretive smile*
And smoile just makes it look more Gaelic! LOL
Glad to see you here :))
Slainte~
Rachelle

Rachelle said...

Dear Shrink,
hmmm.... the bucket of wine sound heavenly right about now, but, um.... no.
You think I am a crab now? You should have seen me when I was a drinker. Yuck, yuck- double yuck!
:))
squudges,
Rachelle

david mcmahon said...

Your work always makes me smile, Rachelle ....

Gattina said...

This summer camps seems to have been a lot of fun to you, and the little girl is real cute ! Already that big !

david mcmahon said...

Hi Rachelle,

When you have a moment to spare, check my blog. You might see something there that is familiar!

Cheers

David

fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said...

What a special little thing and how wonderful for it to wait until you returned. You must be special too!

Catmoves said...

Back pain is no joke, but you treated it lightly. A woman of courage.
I tried the hula when stationed at Pearl Harbor, but found it was a lot more fun watching, than doing. Especially when done by ladies.

Catmoves said...

Yeah, I know. "Typical male attitude."

Mrs Mac said...

I think you should name her "Shrinky".

Peaceful/Paisible said...

THey didn't hate you and didn't ate you...(lol)
that's cool love
now dear, you could visit me sometimes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachelle said...

Dear David,
I am honored and a bit flabbergasted, but all in a good way!
Thank you so much :))
SLainte~
Rachelle

Rachelle said...

Well hello my lovely Gattina! Long time no see my dear, I trust you have been having a fabulous summer?

I am so very glad to see you again!
How is Arthur doing? My favorite white cat :))
Slainte~
Rachelle

Rachelle said...

Dear Mushy, I am so glad to see you here!
Thanks so much for dropping by :))

No, I am not very special at all, but just lucky!
Slainte~
Rachelle

Rachelle said...

Dear Catmoves,
Well, there was a girl there who was only 12, and she is from Fiji. She was absolutely amazing!!! The way those hips moved, I couldn't believe it....
I don't think mine EVER moved like that!!

She had us all standing and cheering for more.
And, all- both men and women were in awe.

Of course, when it was our turn to try, it was more like a Laurel and Hardy movie :))
Slainte~
Rachelle

Rachelle said...

Dearest Mousie,
I visit you often my dear! I just don't always leave a message, but from now on I will.
I love you very, very much my dear!
And I love your little midnight blog, so mysterious and cool!

Check her out guys, what Mousie can do with a scanner is simply amazing!
Slainte~
Rachelle